Mark's affinity with the guitar began at the tender age of 6. His early classical training resulted in a number of junior solo and group performances. By the age of 15, Mark was playing live with his first rock band and throughout the 80's and 90's, his experiences as lead guitarist expanded considerably with regular live performances in different styles (blues, country, funk, rock and disco).
Mark's passion for Flamenco grew upon meeting Jon Salfield, South West Flamenco virtuoso, who became his teacher.
Mark has played both solo and with other artists at numerous venues throughout the UK and across the globe combining his love of music and travel - see performance highlights
His repertoire has its roots in romantic, classical guitar and traditional flamenco music, often spiced with arabic and latin sounds. Mark brings his own dynamic compositions to the mix as well as his arrangements of popular music by artists such as Gipsy Kings, Jesse Cook, Eagles and The Beatles. His music can be sampled on the audio page.
As well as playing solo, Mark can be seen performing with Jon Boyes as part of Flamenco/Latin guitar duo Esperanto
Mark also writes his own music, often collaborating with other musicians, and drawing on his love of Flamenco, Latin and Arabic styles of music for inspiration. "Passionata", "Exotica" and "Ojos de la Tierra" are all available here
on this website, and "Ida y Vuelta" by Esperanto is available here
. All Mark's CDs are also available from iTunes, Amazon and CDBaby.
For further information or bookings: Email Mark
or call 07970 052329.
- A run of solo classical guitar performances at the Dophin Taverna in Hania, Crete - 1995
- Solo performances at Halkidiki, Greece - 2000, 2001
- Solo Flamenco performances at the Tacchi Morris Arts Centre - 2001, 2002
- Ashton Court Festival with "Zambra Mora" Flamenco trio in 2003 and 2004
- A solo Spanish guitar charity concert in Kerela, 2007, to raise money for a local orphanage
- Many performances at Milverton Music Club, Topsham Acoustic Cafe and Tavistock Acoustic cafe - solo and duo performances with Al Marconi and Jon Boyes (2006 onwards)
- Tavistock Wharf and Calstock with "Guitarras Del Fuego" (2008 and 2010)
- Live performance and chat on BBC Radio Devon (2008 and 2011)
- Duo performance with world renknowned Harp guitarist Jason Carter in 2010
- Performance at Trowbridge Festival in 2010
- Dartmouth music festival with Esperanto in 2010, 2011 and 2013
- Numerous performances at Calstock Arts (The Old Chappel, Calstock) since 2008
- Ilminster Arts Centre with Esperanto in 2010 and 2013